Too Smart For His Own Ed (Ed, Edd n' Eddy)
Too Smart for His Own Ed is an episode of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy from Season 5.
Double D loses to Ed in a Spelling Bee, and everyone trusts Ed more than him.
Why It Sucks
- The plot alone, Ed beating Double D in the Spelling Bee, makes no sense considering that he's dumb.
- What makes even less sense is Plank, a piece of wood, competing in the contest.
- Eddy is unlikable, as he tried to make Double D back out of the contest. After Ed wins, he uses Ed's "intelligence" to make the kids give him money.
- The repetitive gag of Nazz having trouble pronouncing the words. Why was she given the position if she can't say them right?
- The kids consider Ed smart simply because he won the Spelling Bee. They are also cruel to Double D because of a small spelling mistake, making this a torture episode for him.
- Rolf serves nothing in this episode but filler.
- The pointless sub-plot about Johnny trying to get back at Nazz for eliminating Plank.
- Why did the kids even think Ed can help them with their work if they know he's an idiot?
- Eddy gets his comeuppance when the kids attack him and Ed and take their money back for making them fail.
- Double D still congratulates Ed for his victory in the Spelling Bee.