April in Quahog (Family Guy)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
April in Quahog is the sixteenth episode of the eighth season of Family Guy.
When the local news announces that the Earth will be destroyed by a black hole in 24 hours, everyone in Quahog goes nuts trying to live out their last day.
Why It Sucks
- This episode is just a reminder of how much a flat character Peter has become, as he does cruel and diabolical things throughout the episode, he gets away with it and receives no consequences for it, he doesn't comfort his family who are scared that the world is going to end, and he reveals he hates being around his kids.
- The end of the world was just an April Fool's joke, and there was a horrible aftermath of the joke. Gee, does that sound familiar at all?
- Peter considers doing crystal meth with his 14-year-old son, Chris. No joke.
- An incredibly horrifying scene where Peter pulls out his own eye while high on crystal meth. It comes back when Brian does it.
- Horrible ending: The ending's a pretty heartwarming moment at first, (ironically that heartwarming and Peter do not blend) but then it's immediately tarnished when Peter buys his children's forgiveness with product placement for the Xbox 360 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- For the civilians buying the joke, they do cruel things instead of... you know, getting the most out of their last hours alive like a normal person would!
- Bad and mediocre attempts at jokes like Quagmire wanting to sleep with Joe's wife.
- Channel 5 receives no lawsuit for causing the entire town of Quahog and the rest of the world to go into full-blown panic. They pulled a prank like that and get off scot-free.
- Some continuity from previous episodes such as the famous quote where Joe says "Who else but Quagmire?" and the "Surfin' Bird" callback, which is one of the few funny jokes in this episode.
- The joke with Peter going to a black neighborhood and saying a racial slur.
- The DVD version changes it to him going to the inner city.
- The segment with Peter doing jury duty is somewhat interesting.
- The crystal meth joke makes for some unintentional comedy, such as the part where Peter screams "I AM SO F***ING READY".