Reward if Lost (The Tom and Jerry Show)
"Reward If Lost" is an episode in the second season of The Tom and Jerry Show.
Jerry mocks-up a Reward if Found poster with Tom's picture and the address of the neighbor with the ferocious Doberman Pinscher dog listed as Tom's home so that the dog would beat up Tom.
Why It Sucks
- It's literally a 6 minute-long malicious Tom torture episode.
- Neighbors' Dog is a horrible character who has absolutely zero personality aside from beating up cats for sport, and he even literally made punching bag out of Tom. He's basically the dog equivalent of Tom's notorious owner Clint Clobber/Fat Man from the infamous and notorious Gene Deitch era, but even worse. Even Spike the Bulldog is nowhere near as brutal and violent as this dreaded dog.
- Jerry is extremely unlikable for the first time since both the Gene Deitch era and The Tom and Jerry Comedy Show in this episode. He is the manipulator because he slapped Tom's photo into the reward poster to trick people into putting Tom into the neighbors garden. Worse still, Jerry tormented Tom without any provocation whatsoever and also shows no remorse for his actions, meaning that his flanderization from the Gene Deitch era came back in this episode.
- Very unfunny and cruel jokes.
- The scenes where Tom is Neighbors' Dog's punching bag are mean-spirited and drags on for too long.
- Tom's injuries and the dog's design are horrible and scary to look at for a younger audience.
- Neighbors' Dog and Jerry never got punished for their actions.
- Abysmal Ending: Jerry created a poster where the dog should be returned to Tom's house and assaults Tom again!
- At least, Baby Woodpecker return in this episode.
- A few genuinely funny moments here and there, such as the scene where Tom unsuccessfully attempts to whack Jerry with the broken paddle ball at the beginning, which is a nice nod to the scene where Tom unsuccessfully attempts to whack Jerry with the shovel from Trap Happy.