Sun Scream (The Powerpuff Girls (Original))
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sun Scream is the first segment of the tenth episode in Season 6 of The Powerpuff Girls.
The Girls get the ultimate sunburn and must try to fight crime despite their UV damage.
Why It Sucks
- The disturbing and disgusting scene at the near end where the Girls' skins peel off.
- Sunburn, in reality, does not make you completely immobile.
- Plot hole: The Girls have survived being dipped into acid, and have been exposed to nuclear explosions, which are both hotter and generate more UV radiation than a solar flare, and yet a solar flare gets them sunburned and severely weakened as a result.
- The town is not sympathetic to the sunburned Girls - they laugh at the girls when they're sunburned. Though to be fair, they did think they were too cool to use sun screen, so it was kinda warranted.
- The professor's attempt to get suntan lotion on the Girls fails and he even gets made fun of. Even when the Girls get sunburned, Bubbles states there was no way to avoid it.
- Professor Utonium is very insensitive when the girls' skin peels, being gleeful about it.
- The scenes where the sunburned girls slowly move in agony struggling to get from one spot to the other or do anything drags on for way too long, and given that the girls constantly scream in pain in each scene, it can get very grating and annoying on the ears really quickly.
- The Mayor calls the girls for help for an incredibly pathetic reason: to save him from a pair of con men who he got swindled by them due to The Mayor's own stupidity to fall for their ploy.
- The ending was okay.
- It teaches us the consequences of not using suntan lotion.
- It is interesting to know that this was written by Thurop Van Orman, who did better quality writing with Camp Lazlo!, and his own show the Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.