The Power of Four (The Powerpuff Girls (2016))
Power of Four is the twenty-third to twenty-seventh episode (and sixty-second to sixty-sixth episode overall) of Season 2 of the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series. It is a five-part event that aired on Cartoon Network on September 17, 2017.
This is the first special that has more than two parts, lasting for 5 parts.
Part 1 ("Find Your Bliss"): When Bubble blames a chain of accidents on her imaginary friend " Bliss " her sisters begin to think she's lost her mind.
Part 2 ("Bliss Reminisce"): The Girls learn Bliss's backstory from the Professor, Mojo Jojo, and Bliss herself.
Part 3 ("Blisster Sister"): The Girls hang out with their new big sister Bliss, who gets a taste of fighting bad guys as part of the Powerpuff Girls.
Part 4 ("Breaking Bliss"): When Bliss struggles to control her powers an evil force arises to take advantage.
Part 5 ("Blisstersweet Symphony"): When Him absorbs Bliss and her powers, the Girls must work together to rescue their sister and save Townsville from destruction.
Why It Sucks
- Speaking of a 4th PowerPuff Girl, they didn't even use Bunny from the old show, mostly because Bunny died after she exploded in a flash of light in the original series, due to her instability. They also didn’t use Bullet the Squirrel from the old show too. So Bliss should’ve been called the 6th Powerpuff Girl!
- The special’s premise is Bubbles telling her sisters that she had too many imaginary friends and that she believed that Bliss is actually real is really nonsensical, it could’ve had an interesting premise than that.
- The retcons are just insulting, like they made the Professor make Bliss because he had a gender swapped rival of himself.
- Plot Holes: Did HIM (as MIH the little elephant) really grew up with Bliss?
- The show's premise was that the Professor accidentally added Chemical X which resulted in the Powerpuff Girls. However, he apparently "accidentally" added Chemical W that resulted in Bliss, and we see a mess consisting of chemicals A thru V, which implies the addition of the chemical was intentional.
- Did (Mojo) Jojo push him into every one of them?! You'd think after the first one or two times he would have learned not to have hazardous chemicals so close, but then, this is the 2016 Professor...
- Also, what have chemicals A thru V produced?!
- The puns are just cringe-worthy.
- At the end, they had Bliss put Saturn to its orbit (it's a long story), thus making her introduction pointless.
- Bliss looks like a generic fan character that anyone could make up.
- Every title of the part always has "Bliss" in it.
- This is the first ever special to have more than two parts, which is nice.
- Blisstersweet Symphony is the only decent part of the special.
- At least Never Been Blissed (originally titled, The Return Of Bliss) was a major improvement of this terrible mess, and Bliss gained character development in that episode.