Too Smart For His Own Ed (Ed, Edd n' Eddy)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Too Smart for His Own Ed is an episode of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy from Season 5.
Double D loses to Ed in a Spelling Bee, and everyone trusts Ed more than him.
Why It Sucks
- The plot alone, Ed beating Double D in the Spelling Bee, makes no sense considering that he's dumb.
- What makes even less sense is Plank, a piece of wood, competing in the contest.
- Eddy is unlikable, as he tried to make Double D back out of the contest. After Ed wins, he uses Ed's "intelligence" to make the kids give him money.
- The repetitive gag of Nazz having trouble pronouncing the words. Why was she given the position if she can't say them right?
- The kids consider Ed smart simply because he won the Spelling Bee. They are also cruel to Double D because of a small spelling mistake, making this a torture episode for him.
- Rolf serves nothing in this episode but filler.
- The pointless sub-plot about Johnny trying to get back at Nazz for eliminating Plank.
- Why did the kids even think Ed can help them with their work if they know he's an idiot?
- Eddy gets his comeuppance when the kids attack him and Ed and take their money back for making them fail.
- Double D still congratulates Ed for his victory in the Spelling Bee.